Specializing in detailed pencil illustrations and watercolor paintings of people, pets and places. To “Consider An Original” contact willstom01@gmail.com for current pricing.

Thursday, September 1, 2016

No. 338: Travis, Andy and DeeAnna, five years later

No. 338, August 2016

This is our second visit with Travis, Andy and DeeAnna.We saw them last in 2011, and this summer I was asked to draw them again. How they have grown up!


You can see the first drawing here:  http://tomwillsproductions.blogspot.com/2011/08/kids-are-alright.html    
You will note that DeeAnna's face is a different pose than in the photo.  That's because I was asked to use a different picture, with another expression, and "transplant" it into the drawing. It was a little tricky, getting the proportions right and all, but I believe it worked!


It's so nice that these siblings are still so close. And because their church is a big part of their lives, I was asked to add its image to the background of this drawing.  At first I thought that would distract from the central image, but changed my mind once I added some puffy clouds to the church background.


And, yes, if you've read the 2011 blog and are wondering, this is another "Birdhouse Guy" presentation.

"I really love the sketches you have done of my grandchildren, DeeAnna, Travis & Andy. It is wonderful how you "transplanted" DeeAnna's expression from another photo into the 2016 sketch. I also like the addition of the church/cross since their church [and their faith] are a big part of their lives."



Consider an original for your home or office. Inquire at willstom01@gmail.com.  The holidays will be here before you know it!

No comments:

Post a Comment