Specializing in detailed pencil illustrations and watercolor paintings of people, pets and places. To “Consider An Original” contact willstom01@gmail.com for current pricing.

Thursday, August 18, 2011

The Kids Are Alright




BROTHERS AND SISTER, 3' x 4' August 2011

"He was just here with my birthday present.  I can't overstate this... I LOVE IT!  Thank you so, so much.  In fact, I would like to see if I can order one for my Mom & Dad.  I'm pretty sure that when my Mom sees it she will want to arm wrestle me for it, so to avoid any big disasters I would love to get them their own."


Sometimes I can't keep the best ones.  Occasionally I give them away.  This one is for a trade: A custom-made, handcrafted, hand-painted birdhouse -- decked out in Rolling Stones tongues and lips.
Rolling Stones birdhouse! Front view.
Rear view. Birdhouse Man didn't want his name used. But I can find him, if you want one!

I do not know these children. They're the neighbors of Birdhouse Man.  But their parents did a nice job. They're adorable.  As a dad, I hope they can stay that way as they grow.

They are Travis, Andy and DeeAnna. And they love the Birdhouse Man.  I think he's special, too.  That's why I couldn't refuse the job. I think this worked out fine.
Tom Wills Productions. Making moms happy since 2008.

 The sketch itself took six solid days. Here's a look at the progress:


Before the final shading.

The clothes are pretty much done.
Little Andy came first. He's the focal point.

Suddenly ... faces!
Consider an original for your home or office. Inquire at hankbonesman@embarqmail.com or willstom01@gmail.com.  The holidays will be here before you know it!




No comments:

Post a Comment