Specializing in detailed pencil illustrations and watercolor paintings of people, pets and places. To “Consider An Original” contact willstom01@gmail.com for current pricing.

Wednesday, February 12, 2014

An Important Message From Tom Wills

This is No. 202, "Father's Day," from June 2013.
The young man is John W. Goodwin Jr., a reporter at The Vindicator. His son is Johnnie.
All you need to know about manhood, love and responsibility is in this picture. 

John and Johnnie Goodwin, June 2013
I had promised, last Father's Day, that we'd look in on these two within a few weeks. Sadly that has become eight months.
John on Feb. 21 is scheduled for open heart surgery at The Cleveland Clinic. Without getting too specific, he has a dangerous condition that will be fatal if not corrected. The surgery, too, is extremely dangerous and carries long-term risks even should there be a degree of success. His life has been at risk for several months, if not years.

His friends at The Vindicator received a brief note from John today, the first time that he has ever asked us for anything, Here is an excerpt:

"I now ask you all to continue to pray for me. I have received word from the surgical team at Cleveland Clinic. The head surgeon in the heart department has informed me that after reviewing my charts he feels immediate surgery is needed. ...
I am asking you all to continue praying for me, that is what I must now hold onto. I will keep you all updated, prayerfully after I awake next weekend. God bless and hope to see you all soon."




John has many friends.
I hope that I have as many, who are now willing to talk to whatever higher power they address, about a young father and a hard worker in a very desperate situation. I can vouch for him, he is worth it.
So please arrange your tea leaves, write your symbols in the sand, burn your incense and candles and say your chants -- whatever it takes, however your personal faith works.
Please pray for John Goodwin.
I am a believer. And I believe in him.





No comments:

Post a Comment