Specializing in detailed pencil illustrations and watercolor paintings of people, pets and places. To “Consider An Original” contact willstom01@gmail.com for current pricing.

Saturday, February 2, 2019

No. 432, 'I've Just Seen A Face'

No. 432, "Butters," January 2019. Pencil.

"I've just seen a face,
I can't forget the time or place" -- The Beatles




The name of No. 432 is actually "Butters," but I called this blog "I've Just Seen A Face" because of a little magic I was asked to perform here.


In the original photo, our rider Pam was looking down. You couldn't see her eyes.


To fix this, I was sent several more photos of her face on everything BUT horseback. I was able to find one of the approximate same angle and superimpose her features inside of the riding clothes.


She has kind of a surprised expression, which is appropriate because she had no idea -- until now -- that this one was coming.


"A horse is pretty much a dog until you attach the nose." -- TW







No comments:

Post a Comment