Specializing in detailed pencil illustrations and watercolor paintings of people, pets and places. To “Consider An Original” contact willstom01@gmail.com for current pricing.

Monday, December 26, 2016

2016 In Review: 30 Pieces

This was a busy year for me! Among the 30 pieces produced are seven paintings, a record amount of brush work for me in one year. The paintings are growing in popularity, but take longer and are much more difficult to produce.


There are stories behind most of these pieces.  You can read all about them by scrolling through the list of months on the right side of this web page, choosing and then scrolling on down.  Some of these are available for purchase, some were done for specific customers, a few were gifted and one or two are personal.


If you're not up for my prose, you might just choose to browse the images on this page and think about how an original pencil work or painting might look on your walls.  A number of these works are hanging in homes coast to coast.


People ask about pricing, and the honest answer is that it depends upon the job. Paintings are more. Framing adds more (I do my own framing, unless it has to be shipped). Repeat customers get a nice price break.
But generally you can get a large-sized Tom Wills Production for between $180 to $250.  Ask around!


My busiest months are always October, November and December. And the slowest are January and February.  So I'm up for work!
 

All I need  is a good and clear photo to work from, and a small deposit up front if you are a new customer, to cover the cost of the frame. Generally I won't struggle anymore with bad photos, because they make for bad drawings.


Otherwise, I'll give it a try if you would like a pencil sketch, a colored pencil rendering or a watercolor.  The finished product won't leave my house for your house unless I am satisfied.
And right now there are about 300 that have left my house.


I hope that you enjoy these pictures, and the words, and I thank you for visiting Tom Wills Productions in 2016, and in previous years.  All of the works are documented on this site if you browse deep enough.


Have a safe and happy new year, and a productive 2017.  Let's stay in touch!
























No comments:

Post a Comment