Specializing in detailed pencil illustrations and watercolor paintings of people, pets and places. To “Consider An Original” contact willstom01@gmail.com for current pricing.

Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Unfinished Business


I take many photos as I work on drawings. These sketches in development give me reference points along the way, and provide a good visual tool for seeing what is working and what needs work.


The one constant to all of these pictures is my heavy and vintage, wooden drafting table. I inherited it from my father two years ago and, at that time, wrote about hoping to put my own etch marks into its surface.


Read about the table here: http://tomwillsproductions.blogspot.com/2012/08/deeply-grained.html



Well, now I have made my own marks, dents and scratches. If I'm lucky there will be more to come.
These are my demos, my rough mixes.
Browse this website to see the finished products.




(Click on all photos to enlarge.)





























No comments:

Post a Comment