Specializing in detailed pencil illustrations and watercolor paintings of people, pets and places. To “Consider An Original” contact willstom01@gmail.com for current pricing.

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

No. 218: Found All The Parts

No. 218, Rick Neilsen 2' x 2.5' (approx)
"Found All the Parts" is the name of the only Cheap Trick album that I do not have.
Actually it's just an EP, "Extended Play," with four songs.
If you have it on vinyl in either the 10'' or 12'' version, I want it. You know how to find me by now.

FOUND IT! June 2016,  "Found All The Parts" Cheap Trick 1980 Epic 10'' Nu-Disk
Rick Nielsen is Cheap Trick's lead guitarist and main man. His tone is somewhere between George Harrison and Black Sabbath, he's been known to play five or six guitars at once on stage, and he always wears that baseball cap.

I wanted something loud.
There is no deep thinking here.
I have just always liked Cheap Trick.  And songs about sex.
And hard volume.


I worked on this drawing in between three others, because I wanted something loud for my man cave. I painted a $4 frame bright red and drew this to fit. Red, black and white figure prominently in the band's album covers, logos etc.

The Wall of Heroes, and odd knobs.
I also worked on this drawing as I reassembled an old radio, cleaned up an old receiver, sorted through a bunch of old stereo parts, hooked up a few pieces of audio equipment, went through two boxes of Kleenex (I have a cold), and found a place for a bunch of drawing equipment gifted to me.
Found all the parts, see?


This drawing, and several more, are for sale at Tom Wills Productions.
hankbonesman@embarqmail.com or willstom01@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment