Specializing in detailed pencil illustrations and watercolor paintings of people, pets and places. To “Consider An Original” contact willstom01@gmail.com for current pricing.

Sunday, June 9, 2013

Sometimes It's Just Show And Tell


Everything begins. How it ends is what you make of it.
I didn't sell anything during my first live exhibit. But I had three glasses of wine, met some interesting people and got to talk about my art.
 
There was some applause and a few laughs. Stage fright has never been an issue with me.
I donated my Duke Ellington drawing to the venue, Dorian Books and Full Circle Florists, because the guys were so nice to open up on a Sunday for Art Youngstown's inaugural "Second Sunday" event. Stop in and check it out!
There will be more "Second Sunday"s and organizers are thinking up new approaches and ideas to draw in people.
 
Turnout for this new event today was low but I'm attributing that to the first warm and sunny day in a week, and lots of lawns needing cut.
I get that.
 
But here's the other side of the biscuit: Local art needs local support.
Art Youngstown and its friends are your friends, too. We're everyday people who have found a creative outlet from our otherwise drab jobs or, even, lives.
 
We put heart into our work, and to let go of it is a big decision.
It means a lot to me if one of my works means a lot to you.
I know other artists feel that way, too.
 
For now, all of my other pictures are back home on the walls. I won't need to paint the nail holes over on this vacation, and I'm OK with that.
 
Until the next time, you can find me here at Tom Wills Productions, on Facebook, on Twitter.
hankbonesman@embarqmail.com
willstom01@gmail.com

In these days of digital tinkering, handmade art is a rarity, so get it where you can find it.

I also have a thing for bookstores, and books -- and today I found a great one: Frank Zappa's biography, for just $7.
In his immortal words, "Winos Do Not March."




No comments:

Post a Comment