Specializing in detailed pencil illustrations and watercolor paintings of people, pets and places. To “Consider An Original” contact willstom01@gmail.com for current pricing.

Thursday, December 6, 2012

Nos. 176-180 (and etc.): The Giving Season


No. 179: Bob & Donald Carroll, Sylvia, Christina & Kathleen, Christmas 2012



"Mom cried when she saw it. My brother's mother-in-law cried too. Made two women cry. Way to go, Tom!"


No. 180: Peter Tranovich, Christmas 2012


"Just wanted you to know my husband's grandma loved her picture. The initial reaction was a quiet gasp and she got teary eyed but held it together. She said something about it being the most perfect gift."
 

I don't like to see people cry, nor do I intend to make them weep. Sometimes it happens, however, if I get a picture right on -- especially if the recipient has no idea of what's coming.  Happy tears, truly, are easier to take.

No. 176: Anthony Wills Armistead, November 2012
171: Keith and Kara, October 2012
Such a reaction, I suppose, validates the work I have done, the piece that I have created, something that I hope will hang in homes for generations.

No. 181: Viola Franco, Christmas 2012
No. 173: Viola Franco, October 2012
"They loved it! Thanks again"

This holiday season I have been fortunate to be invited to draw for friends. Some of these friendships have managed to continue through more than 45 years. Others, for lesser decades.  A few friendships are more recent but just as special.

No. 177: Jain and Bert's dogs, Christmas 2012
"I loved it. It is one of the very few gifts I have ever received that I will always cherish. 
You have a special gift. Thank you so much!

It's an honor, when friends trust me with their families -- including their pets.
Thank you.

No. 169: Pug Life -- For Dennis, September 2012
No. 178: Christmas Puppies 2012 -- one for me!
To order a sketch or painting by Tom Wills, contact
hankbonesman@embarqmail.com
or willstom01@gmail.com
Please allow three weeks for delivery.





No comments:

Post a Comment