Specializing in detailed pencil illustrations and watercolor paintings of people, pets and places. To “Consider An Original” contact willstom01@gmail.com for current pricing.

Sunday, November 18, 2012

No. 177: Five Dogs

FIVE DOGS By Tom Wills, November 2012. 3' x 4'

The more faces in the frame, the tougher the drawing.
Also, the bigger.

Love, Love, Love, Love and Love

In this case, I took five photos, and tried to scale the dogs to proper proportion: Two big and three small.
The guy who ordered this for Christmas moved in with a woman who has five dogs.
Talk about real love.

Added the nametags. Almost finished.

Most of the people I know, if they have pets, have more than one. Really, if you have one, two is no great stretch.
Five is a lifestyle.
I have four: Two dogs, two cats.
Women seem to have more dogs and cats than men. I think that they have more patience and are more caring; perhaps they are able to give love more easily.
The other theory is that they just need more things to yell at.
I decided to add more of their bodies to fill out the illustration.
I'm very happy with this drawing, because it posed many challenges.
Three of the photos were good, two were fuzzy.
The five photos.
I worked off and on through the birth of my grandson and took an intermission to draw him.
This drawing is a huge thing, and I hope  the lovebirds have a big wall for it.  I had to make the frame out of two frames -- one had the wood, the other had the glass.
Five faces have taken shape.
I don't know the names of these dogs, so I made up five while I drew:
Love, Love, Love, Love and Love.

I worked all five at once, going light to dark.
Who do you love?
I'll draw them for you.
Contact me at hankbonesman@embarqmail.com or willstom01@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment