Specializing in detailed pencil illustrations and watercolor paintings of people, pets and places. To “Consider An Original” contact willstom01@gmail.com for current pricing.

Sunday, September 16, 2012

No.169: Pug Life

Together again. Click on all photos to enlarge.

This picture never happened.
It's an example of how I can take two images, from different times, and make them one.
He looks really amused by the dog, Princess.  But she's not there.

I have roughed in the faces using the photos and photocopies.

I was given two snapshots of the man, and two photocopies of his beloved dog. The buyer's request was for me to put them together, for a birthday gift. He even drew a little cartoon to show me how he wanted it, and the approximate scale of man to canine.

Kinda sorta like that.
I am very happy with this one, mostly because of the challenges it posed. There are a lot of shadows on the man's photo; getting them onto paper while not obscuring his features was tricky.  Also, it's easier to grow a beard than it is to draw one.
Princess has a lot of folds and follicles. I think I got most of them, but stopped counting.

This is a happy picture.
It's not too early to start thinking about owning an original for the holidays. Prices are reasonable; turnaround is usually quick.  You can get them framed (by me), or unframed and shipped in a roller tube. All I need is a good picture. Or two.
Contact hankbonesman@embarqmail.com or willstom01@gmail.com for details.


No comments:

Post a Comment