Specializing in detailed pencil illustrations and watercolor paintings of people, pets and places. To “Consider An Original” contact willstom01@gmail.com for current pricing.

Friday, March 23, 2012

No. 147: Four Kids, Ten Days




Four Siblings, March 2012
Click on pictures to enlarge.
I was asked to draw these four children, for the office of a local insurance agent.  I was given two photographs and asked to morph them together.  I had 10 days to do it, because it was a surprise birthday present.  Unfortunately the advent of springtime weather, coupled with a severe case of cabin fever, kept me out of the basement and away from the drawing table for five days.

To get down to it, I put in two hours after work for four nights, and four on the fifth night.  Done on time, signed, sealed and delivered.  Whew.

The beautiful thing about these children is that they all are adopted by a loving couple. They look great together, if I do say so myself.

Days 1 and 2
Everything starts and finishes with the eyes.

Day 3
Hair and some initial shading.

Day 4
More hair, and a start of clothing.

Day 5, finished!
Framed and sealed.

A closer look.
I will draw your family, too.
Contact hankbonesman@embarqmail.com or willstom01@gmail.com
Just give me more than 10 days, please!

No comments:

Post a Comment