Specializing in detailed pencil illustrations and watercolor paintings of people, pets and places. To “Consider An Original” contact willstom01@gmail.com for current pricing.

Sunday, August 28, 2011

Meow Mix

MEOW MIX, August 2011, 3' x 4'
My faithful dogs, Bella and Corleone, are very upset about my latest work, "Meow Mix."
The drawing shows the dogs' sworn enemies half-awake, in a ball, on a blanket. It's pretty much what cats do.
The black one is called Weez, because he wheezes.  He was bottle-fed as a kitten, four years ago now, he was so small. He's always in trouble but is a friendly pain in the ass.
The striped cat is Waylon, or "Wayne." He was found in our trash can about 16 years ago, has had several brushes with death, and is a badass.
My dogs torture these cats. They feel no love for each other.

But the dogs would be really upset if they knew what I've been cooking up in the basement the past three years: Cat drawings for my friends.
 
Yes, my friends have cats.  And that's OK. Some of them have dogs too. That makes them even better.
I'm a dog person at heart.  But cats are cool in a low-maintenance kind of way.
In fact, they could care less what we think of them. And they ignore the dogs, which pisses off.Bella and Corly even more.
Here are some more cats, drawn in secret and kept out of sight of the canines:

 "Literally took my breath away. ... You are absolutely amazing."

 


  





Want me to draw your cat? Bring me a picture.  Don't deliver the actual cat.  The results will not be good.  The dogs, you know.

For inquiries: hankbonesman@embarqmail.com or willstom01@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment