Specializing in detailed pencil illustrations and watercolor paintings of people, pets and places. To “Consider An Original” contact willstom01@gmail.com for current pricing.

Friday, December 31, 2010

The Gift

My youngest daughter Emily and Corleone, New Years Eve, 2010. Emily is 19 and Corly is 12 months. She purchased Corly for me in March 2010, and dispatched oldest kid Kara to Berlin Center, Ohio to fetch him -- a complete surprise, though I'd wanted a German Shepherd for some time. I guess the girls got tired of me talking about it. I knew, as soon as I snapped the original photo, that I had to draw it. The last of many drawings for 2010.

Although there are a lot of folds, creases and hair here, I still got off easy: The eyes are closed! Eyes are tough. Hands are worse. I think this is the first good hand I've done. Practice, I guess.

Finished but not yet framed.

He really did fall asleep in her arms!

Here's where it happens.

"The Gift"
December 2010, pencil, 3' x 4'
For inquiries on creating or purchasing sketches: hankbonesman@embarqmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment